Thursday, March 14, 2013

Holiday Time

Well, the holidays are almost over and looking back I would have to say that it was one of my more successful ones.

On a personal note, we have survived Thanksgiving, Christmas, the neighborhood party and New Year Eve without any gluten ingesting incidents. My latest gluten free pastry recipe, adapted from a recipe I found on the Whole Foods site, is so successful that my Irish mince pies tasted just like normal mince pies. My traditional plum pudding was delicious and my gluten free stuffing disappeared long before the turkey it stuffed. Why does this make me so happy?

Every year we have a crowd for Christmas dinner, anything from eight to fifteen depending on the year. Only Daniel (my son) and I are Celiac so in previous years I made separate food for us. This year, however, I decided that we would all eat my gluten free recipes and nobody could tell! Yeah, another point for gluten free food being tasty!!!

Business wise, I got an order from Carolina Ballet for cookies and brownies for their Christmas party. Why was I so excited about this? This is the first time I have received an order from a large organization who recognizes that it would be nice to provide gluten free desserts for their party.

How many times have you gone to a party with your gluten intolerant children and have had to steer them away from all the desserts available, leading to tears and disappointment (usually my tears and disappointment). Congratulations Carolina Ballet for your forethought and consideration of your ballet dancers and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment